Why apply to Outreachy?
> Check Eligibility
> Find a Mentor and Internship Project
All accepted interns must sign an intern agreement. This is a legal document that certifies you are eligible to apply for Outreachy, and that all the eligibility information you supply in your application is truthful. All accepted interns will need to fill out either a W8-BEN or a W-9 tax form. It is fraud if you sign these legal documents after supplying incorrect information.
Outreachy Eligibility Rules
Outreachy is open internationally to people who meet the following requirements:
- You are or will be 18 years of age or older by Dec. 4, 2018
- You have not previously participated in an Outreachy, Outreach Program for Women, or Google Summer of Code internship. If you did not finish your Google Summer of Code internship, you are ineligible for Outreachy.
- You are available for a full-time, 40 hours a week internship from Dec. 4, 2018 to March 4, 2019.
- You must meet one of the following criteria:
- You live any where in the world and you identify as a woman (cis or trans), trans man, or genderqueer person (including genderfluid or genderfree).
- You live in the United States or you are a U.S. national or permanent resident living abroad, AND you are a person of any gender who is Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander
- Outreachy is open to both students and people who are not students. However, applicants who are students must meet additional requirements.
- Outreachy internships are full-time 40-hour a week internships. Applicants who have part-time or contracting jobs are welcome to apply, but they must meet additional requirements.
All Outreachy applicants will need to fill out an eligibility form to determine if they are eligible for the program.
Eligibility checking for Outreachy internships is currently closed.
The eligibility system will be available when the application period opens on Sept. 10, 2018 4pm UTC.
To get an email when the round opens, subscribe to the
Outreachy announcement mailing list.